Tuesday, 1 August 2017

June in Review

(Me Sky Diving in Vancouver... Don't I look fashionable)

June in Review

You’re probably wondering why I’m posting my June wrap up at the end of July—and all I can say is— I completely forgot about it! Which is a shame, because for me June was a pretty exciting and productive month.

Here are the highlights:

  • I went to the cinema and saw WONDER WOMAN - which I loved. True it was a little cheesy in places, but I adored the soundtrack (It’s now my background writing music) and all in all, it was an empowering film.

  • And speaking of empowering, I went SKY DIVING! A truly exhilarating experience… nothing is more freeing than throwing yourself out of a plane. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do (I'm not crazy, I promise). But a huge applause for my beloved caveman for jumping with me - no small feat considering he’s afraid of heights. He also melted my heart with a real Titanic moment of “If you jump I jump”... made slightly less romantic with his pasty, green-faced, I’m-about-to-throw-up expression.

  • I HIT 68K with my Middle-Grade WIP! Although 60k was my actual word goal… however the story is still going, and going… and going! I’m not too worried because I know much will be cut during edits, but when I think about the amount of slicing and dicing I’ll need to do… Well, for now I’ve decided not to think about it!!

  • I READ 11 BOOKS! As you can see, another fab reading month for me… but I’m crazy behind on reviews! However my favourite reads were Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (No contest) followed by A Court of Wing’s and Ruin by Sarah J Maas. 

Books Read

  1. This Savage Song by V.E Schwab **** (Loved!)
  2. Scythe by Neil Shusterman *****
  3. Bone Gap by Laura Ruby *****
  4. Gilded Cage by Vic James ***
  5. A Conjuring of Light by V.E Schwab *****
  6. The Forever Court by Dave Rudden ***
  7. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard ** 
  8. Six of Crows  by Leigh Bardugo ***** (ADORED!)
  9. Mind Games by Kiersten White ***
  10. The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow by Katherine Woodbine ****
  11. A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas ***** (LOVED!)

Books Reviewed

Other Posts:


Hope everyone else had a fab June. I'll be posting July's wrap up tomorrow :)
Love & Hugs
x

6 comments:

  1. OMG you went skydiving! I'd love to do that someday, though I say that now... lol I really need to read This Savage Song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally recommend Sky Diving... although maybe don't give yourself too much time to think about it! We booked ours the day before. Although to be fair they really hustle you out the plane, no time for second guessing! And yes you NEED to read THIS SAVAGE SONG, I just finished the second part of the duology and it was beautiful, if a little bittersweet! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow looks you had a very rewarding month!!

    I am DYING to see Wonder Woman, so I'm so glad you loved it.
    YAY for sky diving! You are literally so brave - I'm terrified of heights, so I don't think it's for me. Lol ;)
    So happy you enjoyed Six of Crows!! And that's an amazing stack of good books you read.
    Congrats on the word count for your WIP! Hope it keeps going well!

    Have a lovely August, Sarah :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - I hope your summer is just as fun! Are you getting much reading done! And never say never, my boyfriend is terrified of heights but I got him out that plane - he loved it! Hope you have a fab August!

      Delete
  3. Wow, it's so cool and amazing that you went skydiving! It would absolutely terrify me, but I do admire those like you who dare to make that jump :)
    I still need to see Wonder Woman but I hope I'll be able to soon! Also, so happy you enjoyed Six of Crows and had a great reading month overall! Looking forward to seeing more of your posts again now that I'm back :) Hope you'll have an amazing August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - they practically push you out the plane so it was less jumping and more screaming on my part - but skydiving was tremendous fun! And Glad to see you back blogging again Lindsey - hope the new Job is going well! All the best for August!

      Delete